Whether you are Learning Website Design or you have a Small Business Website in mind…..
Here are some tips to keep in mind when considering how to build a website.
The purpose of this page is to provide imformation which in turn can inspire individuals who either are asking what is website design, or are wanting to make a website or have come to the conclusion that there current website template just isn’t up to par. They dont quite know where to go or what changes to make, and is leaveing them asking questions like, how to design website, how to build a website, or really what is a website exactly.
Professional Web Design
Low Cost Design Options
Give your website a secure, profesional appearance
- First and formost have a good idea of what the purpose of your website is going to be.
- If your website design represents a brick and morter business will effect how to make a website
- If it is information based website will effect how to design a website template for your content
- What is a website, what is an e-commerce website, and how to make a website
- how to build a web page, well the list of web designs and website templates are endless
- Its a good idea to have a logo and color scheme in mind for your website design
- Web design utilizing SEO /Search Engine Optimmization is a big consideration
- There’s alot of compettition out there to get your website noticed
- How to build a website for better search engine optimization,so your website design gains a higher seo ranking
- The higher the ranking, the closer to the top of the search engine search list
- If you pay for any advertising thru a search engine it will cost you less
As a whole, the process of web design can include conceptualization, planning, producing, post-production, research, advertising.
Best practices in development of web pages is all about writing code that is valid HTML and CSS which make it easier to correct problems, and edit pages. HTML and CSS are the fundamental technologies for building web pages: (X)HTML for structure, accompanied by CSS for style and layout. By separating the presentation style of documents from the content of documents, CSS simplifies web authoring and site maintenance. For example, having a separate CSS file allows for making aesthetic changes to the entire website rather than just to a single web page. If CSS rules are included within a single HTML page, changes would have to be made to each and every page that used the element in question. The reasoning is that HTML should only be used for raw content and CSS be used to manipulate the content for aesthetic style.
HTML and XHTML
XHTML is HTML 4.01 re-formatted as XML, in the way that HTML was previously based upon SGML. The syntactic rules of XML are less flexible than SGML, which means that XML is simpler to process and validate, although it is more demanding of accuracy for hand-editing. The first XHTML standard was a simple reformulation of the HTML standard (i.e. the same tags were used) and did not make changes other than those directly related to the syntax. Later XHTML standards began to revise the sets of tags in use as well, although these standards were never widely adopted.
XHTML is widely used on the web, although this was not well understood by web designers, and was largely driven by fashion than by technical advances. Further development of the XHTML standard has been abandoned, although the new standard, HTML5, is now available and this also supports an XML serialization.”(wikipedia)
Let us know if we can help you with your website design project.